What we are and have right now is all because of what and where we have been- the past. Past denotes everything in the present and speaks of great possibilities that might happen in the future. It greatly influenced our life and from anyone’s point of view, history is part of us.
We have witnessed several moments in history- all of the firsts, inventions, wars, and all of humans’ natural countenance. We have seen a lot of them, but as time goes by, we used to forget all of those puzzles that formed our lives.
And so to relive memorable moments from history, here are few of the photos you need to see:
1. The real-life Christopher Robin and Winnie The Pooh.
2. Test pilot George Aird flying the English Electronic Lightning F-1. He had to eject himself out of the plane after losing control of it.
3. During the Prague Spring in 1968, a Soviet soldier chases a young Czech man who was throwing rocks at a tank.
4. Steven Spielberg taking photos of some of the set pieces that were made as miniatures for the first Indiana Jones movie Raiders of the Lost Ark.
5. A black police officer protects a member of the KKK during a rally in 1983.
6. East Bay Dragons, the first black biker’s club, in Oakland, California in the 1960s.
7. Yoko Ono tweeted a picture of the bloody glasses John Lennon was wearing when he was assassinated in 1980.
8. The first time Coca-Cola was introduced in France in 1950.
9. This is arguably the earliest born person to be captured on camera. Her name is Hannah Stilley and she was born in 1746. This picture was taken in 1840.
10. A 7600-ton building being moved in Romania in 1987 to create a boulevard.
11. A stripper makes a visit on the trading floor of the Toronto Stock Exchange in the late 1970s.
12. The Beatles, a year and a half before they were famous, played for only 18 people in a small club called Aldershot in 1961.
13. Fidel Castro and Che Guevara fishing in 1960.
14. The aftermath of D-Day as two boys watch from a tree while American soldiers drive through Saint Lo in France.
15. Russia’s future Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev, as a young man in 1986.
16. A Pakistani soldier during Bangladesh’s civil war examines a man to see whether he has been circumcised or not–a telling sign of whether or not he was Hindu, as Hindu men were not circumcised. This photo is essentially witnessing the deciding moment of whether this man’s life is spared or taken.
Source Credit: Diply