It’s fun to recycle and upcycle things, most especially when you’ll be using it for the second time around. Well, you don’t need to buy expensive tools but work on do-it-yourself projects simply by using some guides.
Where to find those? There are actually lots of tricks that you can over the internet, but there are also which are very common to use like these tips brought to you by all DIY enthusiasts and creative upcyclers.
1. Because there’s nothing worse than an itchy skirt.
Plus now you know how to use up that extra fabric.
2. Make it stick by using the best type of glue.
Interestingly, the fabric glue doesn’t work on any fabrics.
3. Sewing a new duvet cover.
4. The use of essentials oils
This handy chart breaks it down for you. The first column is the essential oil with useful properties. The second column explains what they help with, and the third column tells you what to blend them with so that you don’t smell like a 15-year-old in a perfume store.
5. Demystify those laundry labels.
Never shrink a shirt again.
6. Prep your furniture correctly before painting.
Yes, it’s a lot of work, but wouldn’t you rather do it right the first time?
7. Dress up your next DIY with a decorative knot.
This visual guide makes the sailor’s knot much easier.
8. Brush up on your oil pastel skills.
Even if you mess up, you can say that it’s abstract.
9. Perfect the pinwheel with this insanely easy guide.
You could totally make this out of paper, a pin, and a wooden dowel for a functional pinwheel. Just saying.
10. Jazz up your typography with this guide.
Because everyone loves framed wall quotes.
11. Save your pennies by making your own Mod Podge.
1 part water to 1 part white glue. Shake, and voila!
12. A handy guide to the symbols on your crochet pattern.
Note that this is not a beginner’s guide.
13. The secret of the perfect bow, finally.
All these years I thought I was a failed crafter.
14. Basically Quilting for Dummies.
You literally can’t screw this up.
15. Skip the guesswork when deciding on the length of a necklace.
Helpful for not only crafting, but online shopping. We all have our vices.
16. Sewing By Hand 101
Who needs a sewing machine when you could have mad skills?
17. For any DIY that requires work in the kitchen.
How many ounces do I need again? Just kidding, I have a handy chart to tell me.
18. Set the mood with the right color.
Paint your child’s bedroom a calming color. Knowledge is power.